Install Marionnet on Kali Linux Light 2017

Asked by Teste Omron on 2017-08-30

Hi guys,

This is not a question. I didn't know where to write this on the launchpad. Just consider it my contribution to support Marionnet.
I'm just letting you know that I have successfully installed Marionnet on Kali Linux Light 2017. Kali Linux Light 2017 is a nice environment for security test, so I thought that this will be useful for some people.
I have built the tutorial on some previous people work, so credit has also be extended to them.
If you want to see the tutorial go to www.datastore.ro/lucianvisinescu/teaching.html and you can download the tutorial in pdf format.
I have also created an appliance for VirtualBox that is 2.7Gb. I have tested it and works very nice on my machine.
Let me know if you want a copy, and I 'll make it available to you.

Have a great day.
Lucian

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
marionnet Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2017-09-06
Last reply:
2017-09-06
Jean-Vincent Loddo (loddo) said : #1

Hi Lucian,

As soon as I will have time, I will try to find a place on the site for
this kind of contribution, and also for links to virtual machines
containing a version of Marionnet correctly installed. Dont forget to
specify the author and the licence (for instance CC BY-SA 3.0) at the
beginning of the texts.
Thank you for sharing these informations and tools.

Best regards,

Jean-Vincent

Le 30/08/2017 à 22:24, Teste Omron a écrit :
> New question #657149 on marionnet:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/657149
>
> Hi guys,
>
> This is not a question. I didn't know where to write this on the launchpad. Just consider it my contribution to support Marionnet.
> I'm just letting you know that I have successfully installed Marionnet on Kali Linux Light 2017. Kali Linux Light 2017 is a nice environment for security test, so I thought that this will be useful for some people.
> I have built the tutorial on some previous people work, so credit has also be extended to them.
> If you want to see the tutorial go to www.datastore.ro/lucianvisinescu/teaching.html and you can download the tutorial in pdf format.
> I have also created an appliance for VirtualBox that is 2.7Gb. I have tested it and works very nice on my machine.
> Let me know if you want a copy, and I 'll make it available to you.
>
> Have a great day.
> Lucian
>

Teste Omron (testeomron) said : #2

Hello Jean-Vincent,

Is there a newer stable version of Marionnet, except the
marionnet_from_scratch one?
If yes, I can try to install it on different Linux OS.
Are there also new kernels for the virtual machines?

Have a great week
Lucian

On Friday, 1 September 2017, Jean-Vincent Loddo <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #657149 on marionnet changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/657149
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Jean-Vincent Loddo proposed the following answer:
> Hi Lucian,
>
> As soon as I will have time, I will try to find a place on the site for
> this kind of contribution, and also for links to virtual machines
> containing a version of Marionnet correctly installed. Dont forget to
> specify the author and the licence (for instance CC BY-SA 3.0) at the
> beginning of the texts.
> Thank you for sharing these informations and tools.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jean-Vincent
>
>
> Le 30/08/2017 à 22:24, Teste Omron a écrit :
> > New question #657149 on marionnet:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/657149
> >
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > This is not a question. I didn't know where to write this on the
> launchpad. Just consider it my contribution to support Marionnet.
> > I'm just letting you know that I have successfully installed Marionnet
> on Kali Linux Light 2017. Kali Linux Light 2017 is a nice environment for
> security test, so I thought that this will be useful for some people.
> > I have built the tutorial on some previous people work, so credit has
> also be extended to them.
> > If you want to see the tutorial go to www.datastore.ro/
> lucianvisinescu/teaching.html and you can download the tutorial in pdf
> format.
> > I have also created an appliance for VirtualBox that is 2.7Gb. I have
> tested it and works very nice on my machine.
> > Let me know if you want a copy, and I 'll make it available to you.
> >
> > Have a great day.
> > Lucian
> >
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/657149/+
> confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/657149
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Jean-Vincent Loddo (loddo) said : #3

Hi Lucian,

The next release (as soon as possible...) will be very close to the
current development version, that may be installed simply by:

./marionnet_from_scratch -m trunk

This option installs the newest distributions and kernels specifically
built for Marionnet (guignol, debian-wheezy, kernel 3.2.64-ghost).

Best regards,

Jean-Vincent

Le 06/09/2017 à 06:38, Teste Omron a écrit :
> Question #657149 on marionnet changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/657149
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Teste Omron is still having a problem:
> Hello Jean-Vincent,
>
> Is there a newer stable version of Marionnet, except the
> marionnet_from_scratch one?
> If yes, I can try to install it on different Linux OS.
> Are there also new kernels for the virtual machines?
>
> Have a great week
> Lucian
>
>
> On Friday, 1 September 2017, Jean-Vincent Loddo <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
>> Your question #657149 on marionnet changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/657149
>>
>> Status: Open => Answered
>>
>> Jean-Vincent Loddo proposed the following answer:
>> Hi Lucian,
>>
>> As soon as I will have time, I will try to find a place on the site for
>> this kind of contribution, and also for links to virtual machines
>> containing a version of Marionnet correctly installed. Dont forget to
>> specify the author and the licence (for instance CC BY-SA 3.0) at the
>> beginning of the texts.
>> Thank you for sharing these informations and tools.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Jean-Vincent
>>
>>
>> Le 30/08/2017 à 22:24, Teste Omron a écrit :
>>> New question #657149 on marionnet:
>>> https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/657149
>>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> This is not a question. I didn't know where to write this on the
>> launchpad. Just consider it my contribution to support Marionnet.
>>> I'm just letting you know that I have successfully installed Marionnet
>> on Kali Linux Light 2017. Kali Linux Light 2017 is a nice environment for
>> security test, so I thought that this will be useful for some people.
>>> I have built the tutorial on some previous people work, so credit has
>> also be extended to them.
>>> If you want to see the tutorial go to www.datastore.ro/
>> lucianvisinescu/teaching.html and you can download the tutorial in pdf
>> format.
>>> I have also created an appliance for VirtualBox that is 2.7Gb. I have
>> tested it and works very nice on my machine.
>>> Let me know if you want a copy, and I 'll make it available to you.
>>>
>>> Have a great day.
>>> Lucian
>>>
>> --
>> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
>> know that it is solved:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/657149/+
>> confirm?answer_id=0
>>
>> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
>> following page to enter your feedback:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/marionnet/+question/657149
>>
>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>>

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Teste Omron for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.