Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:54:01 +0200
From: Johannes Wienke <email address hidden>
To: digiKam developers room - digiKam: Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <email address hidden>
Subject: Magic Numbers

Hi,

<more email contents>

I already deactivated enigmail, switched to encoding us-ascii, removed format=flowed... Nothing helped.

Thanks for any help in advance,
Johannes

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
For:
GNU Mailman Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Johannes Wienke
Solved:
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message

If the message is archived, it has reached the list and it should be delivered as long as Mailman's OutgoingRunner and the MTA are working which must be true if other posts are delivered. I can't see how this could be caused within Mailman.

There is an issue with the above mail. The long display-name contains a colon ':' and therefore must be quoted as

To: "digiKam developers room - digiKam: Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source" <email address hidden>

I don't see how this alone would cause mail loss in Mailman, but it could affect other parts of the system.

In the case of the <email address hidden> list, your post is not archived either, and the reason is most likely that it is held for moderation as all new-member posts are. You aren't notified that your post is held, and there have been delays of up to two weeks lately in approving held posts.

Your issue will have to be investigated by the admins at kde.org. Further investigation requires access to Mailman's and the MTA's logs.

Revision history for this message

Thank you, the colon is the problem. Without it the mail is delivered.