Better admin tools for sites running dozens of mailing lists?
Are there plans for better tools for running dozens or hundreds of related mailing lists?
Spam and moderation is an underdeveloped area within mailman - and a massively growing problem. Common requests I hear include whitelisting a user across all lists on a site; blocking an email address across all lists on a site; and inclusion of some sort of spam-score that helps rank messages for moderation so that likely targets for moderation filter to the top of the mod queue.
Other useful tools would include
- options for auto-allowing cross-posting to multiple lists based on more flexible rules/scores [and having an "allow" decision apply to held messages in all list queues]
- ways to cluster moderation and administration of groups of lists (perhaps just the idea of a group of lists that all share preferences, including whitelist/blacklist options mentioned above)
- listing of mailing lists by group or tree structure on the list overview page
- a more detailed view including public and private lists, their sizes, and their moderators all on one page [for meta-admins]
- admin and moderator password [re]setting for an entire group of lists
Can you help with this problem?
Provide an answer of your own, or ask SJ for more information if necessary.