Long lived particle in recasting analysis

Asked by chahrazed on 2019-09-09

Dear MadAnalysis team,

I am studying processes that include long lived particles so in order to test new physics signal I work with Madanalysis5 version 1.8_beta in Reco mode using ​CMS-EXO-16-022 analysis but I have this message error

Warning in <TFile::Init>:
file/Users/guellachahra/v1.8_new/ggg/Output/defaultset/RecoEvents/RecoEvents_v1x2_delphes_card_cms_exo_16_022.root has no keys
ERROR: The input file seems to have not the Delphes ROOT format

MA5-WARNING: Invalid cutflow for the region SR1(SR1) in /Users/guellachahra/v1.8_new/ggg/Output/defaultset/cms_exo_16_022/Cutflows
MA5-WARNING: Skipping the CLs calculation.
MA5-WARNING: Info file for cms_exo_16_022 corrupted. Skipping the CLs calculation.
MA5-ERROR: job submission aborted.

I note that I have tried different versions of Delphes and I know that it is important to have the MA5EfficiencyD0 module

I think that the impact parameters should be added in the Delphes dataformat as explained in the following link !

https://madanalysis.irmp.ucl.ac.be/wiki/MA5LongLivedParticle

D0: impact parameter in the tranverse plane wrt the closest approach point
DZ: impact parameter in the longitudinal plane wrt the closest approach point
Xd, Yd, Zd: coordinates of the closest approach point
Tp, Xp, Yp, Zp: coordinates of the vertex where the lepton is coming from (MC Truth)

Is there a way to recast the long-live leptons analysis using a specific version of MA5 and Delphes without causing problems?

Thanks in advance,

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
MadAnalysis 5 Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
chahrazed
Solved:
2019-09-14
Last query:
2019-09-14
Last reply:
2019-09-11
Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #1

Hi,

You need to use a special version of madanalysis for this analysis (v1.6_tracks), as indicated on the Public Database webpage. This will be fully integrated. However, v1.8 is not officially released yet, as all necessary developments have not been finalized.

Best regards,

Benjamin

> On 10 Sep 2019, at 01:17 , chahrazed <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #683794 on MadAnalysis 5:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/683794
>
> Dear MadAnalysis team,
>
> I am studying processes that include long lived particles so in order to test new physics signal I work with Madanalysis5 version 1.8_beta in Reco mode using ​CMS-EXO-16-022 analysis but I have this message error
>
> Warning in <TFile::Init>:
> file/Users/guellachahra/v1.8_new/ggg/Output/defaultset/RecoEvents/RecoEvents_v1x2_delphes_card_cms_exo_16_022.root has no keys
> ERROR: The input file seems to have not the Delphes ROOT format
>
> MA5-WARNING: Invalid cutflow for the region SR1(SR1) in /Users/guellachahra/v1.8_new/ggg/Output/defaultset/cms_exo_16_022/Cutflows
> MA5-WARNING: Skipping the CLs calculation.
> MA5-WARNING: Info file for cms_exo_16_022 corrupted. Skipping the CLs calculation.
> MA5-ERROR: job submission aborted.
>
> I note that I have tried different versions of Delphes and I know that it is important to have the MA5EfficiencyD0 module
>
> I think that the impact parameters should be added in the Delphes dataformat as explained in the following link !
>
> https://madanalysis.irmp.ucl.ac.be/wiki/MA5LongLivedParticle
>
> D0: impact parameter in the tranverse plane wrt the closest approach point
> DZ: impact parameter in the longitudinal plane wrt the closest approach point
> Xd, Yd, Zd: coordinates of the closest approach point
> Tp, Xp, Yp, Zp: coordinates of the vertex where the lepton is coming from (MC Truth)
>
> Is there a way to recast the long-live leptons analysis using a specific version of MA5 and Delphes without causing problems?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadAnalysis 5.

chahrazed (chahra-guella) said : #2

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have already installed this version but there is a problem in the PAD and DelphesMA5tune installations !

Could you please suggest me a solution !

Best regards,

Chahrazed

Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #3

Hi,

Can you please specify what is the problem with v1.6_tracks?

Cheers,

Benjamin

> On 11 Sep 2019, at 19:57 , chahrazed <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #683794 on MadAnalysis 5 changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/683794
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> chahrazed is still having a problem:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I have already installed this version but
> there is a problem in the PAD and DelphesMA5tune installations !
>
> Could you please suggest me a solution !
>
> Best regards,
>
> Chahrazed
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadAnalysis 5.

chahrazed (chahra-guella) said : #4

Hi,

I have this message errors when I am trying to install PublicAnalysisDatabase (PAD) ;

MA5-WARNING: Impossible to access the url: https://madanalysis.irmp.ucl.ac.be/raw-attachment/wiki/MA5SandBox/cms_exo_16_010.cpp
MA5-WARNING: New attempt to access the url: https://madanalysis.irmp.ucl.ac.be/raw-attachment/wiki/MA5SandBox/cms_exo_16_010.cpp
MA5-WARNING: Impossible to access the url: https://madanalysis.irmp.ucl.ac.be/raw-attachment/wiki/MA5SandBox/cms_exo_16_010.cpp
MA5-WARNING: New attempt to access the url: https://madanalysis.irmp.ucl.ac.be/raw-attachment/wiki/MA5SandBox/cms_exo_16_010.cpp
MA5-WARNING: Impossible to access the url: https://madanalysis.irmp.ucl.ac.be/raw-attachment/wiki/MA5SandBox/cms_exo_16_010.cpp
MA5-WARNING: Impossible to download the package from https://madanalysis.irmp.ucl.ac.be/raw-attachment/wiki/MA5SandBox/cms_exo_16_010.cpp to /var/folders/r8/qzl8v1350dlfmvfmqf3q4lch0000gn/T/MA5_downloads/cms_exo_16_010.cpp
MA5: - 32/33 http://inspirehep.net/record/1413153/files/cms_exo_12_048.h ...
MA5: - 33/33 http://inspirehep.net/record/1510490/files/atlas_1605_03814.h ...
MA5-WARNING: Error(s) occured during the installation.
MA5: Installation NOT complete.
MA5: => Status: [FAILURE]
MA5: **********************************************************

and when I am trying to install PADForMA5tune and DelphesMA5tune, I obtain the following messages ;

ma5>install PADForMA5tune
MA5-ERROR: The PADForMA5tune framework is not compliant with Root-6. Installation skipped.

MA5-WARNING: The package 'delphesMA5tune' is now obsolete. It is replaced by Delphes with special MA5-tuned cards.
MA5-ERROR: The delphesMA5tune package is not compliant with Root-6. Installation skipped.

Best,

chahrazed (chahra-guella) said : #5

Hi,

I have good news, my problem has been fixed after downloading the updated version ma5_vtracks instead of ma5track_v1.6 but I get always these messages error

MA5-ERROR: The PADForMA5tune framework is not compliant with Root-6. Installation skipped.

MA5-WARNING: The package 'delphesMA5tune' is now obsolete. It is replaced by Delphes with special MA5-tuned cards.
MA5-ERROR: The delphesMA5tune package is not compliant with Root-6. Installation skipped.

For this reason, I add delphesMA5tune and PADForMA5tune manually. I also would note that the info file for the cms_exo_16_022 analysis is missing.

Now, all is working well. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Chahrazed