enconding error

Asked by Ales Klimsa on 2012-01-11

Hi,
I'm getting an error: Encoding: string 'ale\x9a...' is not a valid utf-8 string
when I sent this string (Aleš) as parameter of ws method.
But I believe that all signs from " Aleš" are in UTF-8 codepage.

Could you advice me, what is wrong?

Thank you very much

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
ladon Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Ales Klimsa
Solved:
2012-01-12
Last query:
2012-01-12
Last reply:
2012-01-12
jsgaarde (jakob-simon-gaarde) said : #1

Hi Ales
I am danish so I am used to encoding problems that english speaking people often forget.

The problem is often related to a client sending a request claiming to be in one encoding and then sending the actual string in another encoding.

SOAP clients claim the encoding information embedded in the XML, jsonwsp clients claim it using request header Content-Type.

Ladon is actually very strong regarding encoding support, so I am pretty confident that the problem is quickly solved. However I always need to see code to be able to help, so please give me something to go on using pastebin.com .

Best Regards
Jakob Simon-Gaarde

Ales Klimsa (ales-klimsa) said : #2

you are right, the solution is quick. I had PHP script for soap client encoded in Cp1250. So I tried change codepage to UTF-8 and it's working.
Thanks a lot for your answer, it brought me to this solution.

By the way I guessed that you are dutch ;)