function similar to shift cells up?

Asked by leslie jensnen on 2018-07-18

I am trying to edit a pdf which has rows of text. I can delete the text, but not the lines, and can't move the text up, as I would if it were in excel where I have the option to shift rows up.

This is likely because the text is in one big text box or image, is there a way I can simply cut this part out and move it up?

Question information

English Edit question
Inkscape Edit question
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
Last reply:
Hachmann (marenhachmann) said : #1

* Is what you have a group? (select it, look into the status bar) Then ungroup with Ctrl+Shift+G.
* Is what you have a path? (select it, look into the status bar) Then you cannot edit it as a text.
* Is what you have a text? (select it, look into the status bar) Can you select the text, then try Text > Remove manual kerns?

Please make sure to save as SVG, in case you want to edit the pdf again.
For re-saving as pdf, use 'Save a copy....'

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask leslie jensnen for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.