Who to send Experimental Code to

Asked by Jacob M. Carson on 2009-03-22

I am an amateur coder who has never contributed to an open-source project before. I put together a simple-but-useful addition to Inkscape's code. However, I don't have write access to the SVN repository, so I don't know the best way to submit my code for consideration.

The "Working with SVN" page on the Inkscape wiki suggests that I "generate a file containing the changes you made (a diff), and send it to a developer with write access to be incorporated." I have generated a .diff file, available here:


However, I don't know which developer I should send this to.

Question information

English Edit question
Inkscape Edit question
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Craig Huffstetler
Last query:
Last reply:
Best Craig Huffstetler (xq) said : #1

The developers should take notice of your changes in your bug comment.

If it is code related, and you need a place to host the code changes, upload code to your own Launchpad PPA (Personal Package Archive), and give the developers a link to this via your comments. You may also use your own repository or hosting service if you need to host the data elsewhere.

Jacob M. Carson (reneviht) said : #2

Thanks Craig Huffstetler, that solved my question.