how to install?

Asked by Pavlovsky on 2011-04-30

Ran configure make install and nothing seems to happen. What is the right way to build it??

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
Hardware Sensors Indicator Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Alex Murray
Solved:
2011-05-04
Last query:
2011-05-04
Last reply:
2011-05-01
Pavlovsky (disfated) said : #1

well, managed to launch it from terminal. Then it sais "No sensors", nothing in preferences...

Alex Murray (alexmurray) said : #2

That's because it couldn't find any sensors - try running 'sensors-detect' and loading any modules it suggests and then try reloading indicator-sensors to see if it makes any difference.

Pavlovsky (disfated) said : #3

alrady did `sensors-detect`. Now, `sensors` show

acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1: +65.0°C (crit = +100.0°C)

lm63-i2c-2-4c
Adapter: Radeon i2c bit bus 0x92
temp1: -6.0°C (high = -6.0°C) ALARM
temp2: +0.0°C (low = +0.0°C, high = +0.0°C) ALARM
                      (crit = -6.0°C, hyst = -256.0°C) ALARM

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0: +69.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0001
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 1: +65.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

But still have "No sensors" and empty preferences...

Alex Murray (alexmurray) said : #4

You need to restart indicator-sensors to redetect the sensors.

Pavlovsky (disfated) said : #5

Ofcourse, i restarted indicator after detecting - still nothing.

Alex Murray (alexmurray) said : #6

Okay, please file a bug then and provide as much information there as
you can - please attach any debug output from running indicator-sensors
from the command line as well.

On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 11:04 +0000, Pavlovsky wrote:
> Question #154951 on indicator-sensors changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/indicator-sensors/+question/154951
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Pavlovsky is still having a problem:
> Ofcourse, i restarted indicator after detecting - still nothing.
>

Best Alex Murray (alexmurray) said : #7

Actually no need to file a bug I think - I just realised you said you
built it from source - you probably don't have the build dependency
libsensors4-dev so the lm-sensors plugin is not getting built and hence
is not installed to detect the sensors - instead I suggest you install
from the PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~alexmurray/+archive/indicator-sensors

and see if that helps resolve the issue.

On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 11:09 +0000, Alex Murray wrote:
> Question #154951 on indicator-sensors changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/indicator-sensors/+question/154951
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Alex Murray proposed the following answer:
> Okay, please file a bug then and provide as much information there as
> you can - please attach any debug output from running indicator-sensors
> from the command line as well.
>
> On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 11:04 +0000, Pavlovsky wrote:
> > Question #154951 on indicator-sensors changed:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/indicator-sensors/+question/154951
> >
> > Status: Answered => Open
> >
> > Pavlovsky is still having a problem:
> > Ofcourse, i restarted indicator after detecting - still nothing.
> >
>

Pavlovsky (disfated) said : #8

rigth, i don't have `libsensors4-dev`
this is the packets used to `configure` on clean 11.04 install:
sudo apt-get install intltool libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev libappindicator-dev libpeas-dev libsensors4-dev
=====
ok, unistalled built version, added your ppa, see it in sources, but when i run apt-get update it doesn't load anything from this ppa, thus i don't have `indicator-sensors` in synaptic...

Alex Murray (alexmurray) said : #9

The package is still waiting to be built by launchpad since I only
uploaded it recently - if you wait an hour or so it should be available.

On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 11:35 +0000, Pavlovsky wrote:
> Question #154951 on indicator-sensors changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/indicator-sensors/+question/154951
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Pavlovsky is still having a problem:
> rigth, i don't have `libsensors4-dev`
> this is the packets used to `configure` on clean 11.04 install:
> sudo apt-get install intltool libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev libappindicator-dev libpeas-dev libsensors4-dev
> =====
> ok, unistalled built version, added your ppa, see it in sources, but when i run apt-get update it doesn't load anything from this ppa, thus i don't have `indicator-sensors` in synaptic...
>

Pavlovsky (disfated) said : #10

Everything's fine now. Thanks for your support.
It will be usefull to note somewhere about need to run `sensors-detect` for noobs like me and the list of deps for manual build.

Pavlovsky (disfated) said : #11

Thanks Alex Murray, that solved my question.