error, no hpsystray on this system during hplip install

Asked by Jeffrey Harter on 2019-08-30

Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS, trying to get simple scan to use hp laserjet pro mfp m127fw. hplip fails when it cannot find hp systray. hp-plugin will not install to support simple scan.

help. many thanks!

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Open
For:
HPLIP Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2019-09-04
Last reply:
2019-09-03
shivani mandora (shivani1708) said : #1

hi,

Please install hp plugin using below command:

$sh hplip-3.19.8-plugin.run

Simple scan should work fine after installing plugin.

Thanks,
Shivani

Error: can’t open hplip-3.19.8-plugin.run

I need to download this file. Where may I find it? Thank you.

Jeffrey Harter
<email address hidden>
(419)786-9632

Psalm 42:1-2

> On Aug 30, 2019, at 5:22 AM, shivani mandora <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Your question #683525 on HPLIP changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> shivani mandora proposed the following answer:
> hi,
>
> Please install hp plugin using below command:
>
> $sh hplip-3.19.8-plugin.run
>
> Simple scan should work fine after installing plugin.
>
> Thanks,
> Shivani
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525/+confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

shivani mandora (shivani1708) said : #3

Hi,

Below is the link to download plugin file:

https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/plugins

Please download plugin version of 3.19.8 from the above link.

Thanks,
Shivani

πŸ‘πŸ‘

Jeffrey Harter
<email address hidden>
(419)786-9632

Psalm 42:1-2

> On Sep 3, 2019, at 1:58 AM, shivani mandora <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Your question #683525 on HPLIP changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> shivani mandora proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> Below is the link to download plugin file:
>
> https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/plugins
>
> Please download plugin version of 3.19.8 from the above link.
>
> Thanks,
> Shivani
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525/+confirm?answer_id=2
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

I will try your suggestion tonight. Thumbs up is an expression of positive agreement. :)

Jeffrey Harter
<email address hidden>
(419)786-9632

Psalm 42:1-2

> On Sep 3, 2019, at 1:08 PM, Jeffrey Harter <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Your question #683525 on HPLIP changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> You are still having a problem:
> πŸ‘πŸ‘
>
> Jeffrey Harter
> <email address hidden>
> (419)786-9632
>
> Psalm 42:1-2
>
>> On Sep 3, 2019, at 1:58 AM, shivani mandora <email address hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Your question #683525 on HPLIP changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>>
>> Status: Open => Answered
>>
>> shivani mandora proposed the following answer:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Below is the link to download plugin file:
>>
>> https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/plugins
>>
>> Please download plugin version of 3.19.8 from the above link.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shivani
>>
>> --
>> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
>> know that it is solved:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525/+confirm?answer_id=2
>>
>> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
>> following page to enter your feedback:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>>
>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

I ran sh hplip-3.19.8.run and it quit with no systray error. Then I ran sh hplip-3.19.8-plugin.run and it quit when unable to make window for license agreement.

Jeffrey Harter
<email address hidden>
(419)786-9632

Psalm 42:1-2

> On Sep 3, 2019, at 1:17 PM, Jeffrey Harter <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Your question #683525 on HPLIP changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>
> You gave more information on the question:
> I will try your suggestion tonight. Thumbs up is an expression of
> positive agreement. :)
>
> Jeffrey Harter
> <email address hidden>
> (419)786-9632
>
> Psalm 42:1-2
>
>> On Sep 3, 2019, at 1:08 PM, Jeffrey Harter <email address hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Your question #683525 on HPLIP changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>>
>> Status: Answered => Open
>>
>> You are still having a problem:
>> πŸ‘πŸ‘
>>
>> Jeffrey Harter
>> <email address hidden>
>> (419)786-9632
>>
>> Psalm 42:1-2
>>
>>> On Sep 3, 2019, at 1:58 AM, shivani mandora <email address hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Your question #683525 on HPLIP changed:
>>> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>>>
>>> Status: Open => Answered
>>>
>>> shivani mandora proposed the following answer:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Below is the link to download plugin file:
>>>
>>> https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/plugins
>>>
>>> Please download plugin version of 3.19.8 from the above link.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Shivani
>>>
>>> --
>>> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
>>> know that it is solved:
>>> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525/+confirm?answer_id=2
>>>
>>> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
>>> following page to enter your feedback:
>>> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/683525
>>>
>>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>>
>> --
>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Jeffrey Harter for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.