HPLIP available but doesn't show HP M15W

Asked by Stephen Lennane on 2018-10-15

Can@ get linux mint to discover HP M15w printer. Can you help please. Thank you.

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
HPLIP Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2018-10-22
Last reply:
2018-10-23
srinivas (srinivas5) said : #1

Hi,

Iam expecting your printer exact model as HP LaserJet Pro M15w.
What is the linuxmint distro version you are using?
Is HPLIP latest driver installed (sh hplip-3.18.9.run) ?
Are you able to setup your device using hp-setup?
Share more details of the exact issue you are facing.

Regards,
Srinivas

Stephen Lennane (lennane) said : #2

Thank you for your reply.
The model HP Laserjet Pro M15w is correct.
Using Mint 17 Qiana
Installed driver is hplip 13.4
HP set up doesn't contain the M15 among the printers listed

I've found HPlip 3.18.9 but am not sure how to install it as it doesn't
appear on the software package, only the old one does.
Thank you for your help. Stephen

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 10:32, srinivas <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Your question #675224 on HPLIP changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> srinivas proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> Iam expecting your printer exact model as HP LaserJet Pro M15w.
> What is the linuxmint distro version you are using?
> Is HPLIP latest driver installed (sh hplip-3.18.9.run) ?
> Are you able to setup your device using hp-setup?
> Share more details of the exact issue you are facing.
>
> Regards,
> Srinivas
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224/+confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

srinivas (srinivas5) said : #3

Hi,

Download latest HPLIP driver 3.18.9 from the below link.
https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/gethplip
Then run "sh hplip-3.18.9.run" to install the driver.
Then try doing hp-setup to add your device.

Regards,
Srinivas Teja.

Stephen Lennane (lennane) said : #4

Many thanks for that. Have got HP set up showing HPM15w but I can't print
test page. Just get "processing" and then rendering completed but no print
from the printer. Just show up in the print queue.
It's nice of you to help. Stephen

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 13:17, srinivas <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Your question #675224 on HPLIP changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> srinivas proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> Download latest HPLIP driver 3.18.9 from the below link.
> https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/gethplip
> Then run "sh hplip-3.18.9.run" to install the driver.
> Then try doing hp-setup to add your device.
>
> Regards,
> Srinivas Teja.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224/+confirm?answer_id=2
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

srinivas (srinivas5) said : #5

Hi,
Were you able to print any other documents or all print jobs are failing?
If you are not able to print any jobs in the device, please follow the below instruction to generate the log file for review.

1: open a terminal and run the command "sudo hp-logcapture" (it will ask for password, provide the password and select yes in the follow up question)
2: open another terminal and give a document print.
3: Go to the previous terminal (step 1) and quit the log capture.
This will generate the logs tar file. You can copy paste the logs in the query for review.

Stephen Lennane (lennane) said : #6

Thanks a lot.

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018, 06:08 srinivas, <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Your question #675224 on HPLIP changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> srinivas proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
> Were you able to print any other documents or all print jobs are failing?
> If you are not able to print any jobs in the device, please follow the
> below instruction to generate the log file for review.
>
> 1: open a terminal and run the command "sudo hp-logcapture" (it will ask
> for password, provide the password and select yes in the follow up question)
> 2: open another terminal and give a document print.
> 3: Go to the previous terminal (step 1) and quit the log capture.
> This will generate the logs tar file. You can copy paste the logs in the
> query for review.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224/+confirm?answer_id=4
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

srinivas (srinivas5) said : #7

Do share the logs once you have collected as per the steps given and we will analyze and update the findings.

Stephen Lennane (lennane) said : #8

Thank you for your help.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, 15:42 srinivas, <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Your question #675224 on HPLIP changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> srinivas proposed the following answer:
> Do share the logs once you have collected as per the steps given and we
> will analyze and update the findings.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224/+confirm?answer_id=6
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/675224
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

srinivas (srinivas5) said : #9

We will analyze the logs and update our findings once you share it. Thanks.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Stephen Lennane for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.