web accesible Gourmet

Asked by allenm on 2018-07-11

I'd like to host Gourmet on my desktop but make it accessible within my home network. Anyone done that?

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Gourmet Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2018-07-11
Last reply:
2018-07-13

There's an old experimental django-based web backend that I've used for
this purpose. Not sure if it's still workable or not.

Check gourmet/gourmet/plugins/web_plugin/gourmetweb/

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 4:27 PM allenm <email address hidden>
wrote:

> New question #670828 on Gourmet:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/gourmet/+question/670828
>
> I'd like to host Gourmet on my desktop but make it accessible within my
> home network. Anyone done that?
>
> --
> You received this question notification because your team Gourmet Recipe
> Manager is an answer contact for Gourmet.
>
> --
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~gourmet
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~gourmet
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Hi Allenm;

I have Gourmet running in my network on a MySQL database where the server runs on one server, the database store is on another machine (RAID5 / backupped, etc.) and all clients connect to the MySQL server.

This is a setup under Ubuntu. so I have changed the .desktop file /usr/share/applications/gourmet.desktop to reflect the connect string:

Exec=gourmet --database-url=mysql:/[user]:[password]@[yourserver.localdomain]/gourmetrecipe

All parameters between [] are your local parameters.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Alan Jackson (alan-ajackson) said : #3

I use dropbox to share the database with all my devices.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 11:04 AM Harald Franzen <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Question #670828 on Gourmet changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/gourmet/+question/670828
>
> Harald Franzen proposed the following answer:
> Hi Allenm;
>
> I have Gourmet running in my network on a MySQL database where the
> server runs on one server, the database store is on another machine
> (RAID5 / backupped, etc.) and all clients connect to the MySQL server.
>
> This is a setup under Ubuntu. so I have changed the .desktop file
> /usr/share/applications/gourmet.desktop to reflect the connect string:
>
> Exec=gourmet --database-
> url=mysql:/[user]:[password]@[yourserver.localdomain]/gourmetrecipe
>
> All parameters between [] are your local parameters.
>
> Let me know if I can be of further assistance!
>
> --
> You received this question notification because your team Gourmet Recipe
> Manager is an answer contact for Gourmet.
>
> --
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~gourmet
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~gourmet
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>
--

| Alan K. Jackson | To see a World in a Grain of Sand |
| <email address hidden> | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, |
| www.ajackson.org | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
| Houston, Texas | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake |

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask allenm for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.