MOVE DATABASE TO LAPTOP COMUTER OR

Asked by vilya3 on 2017-09-26

I HAVE FOURMMET RECIPE PLANER INSTAALED ON MY PC WINDOWS 7 ULTIMAT IF I WANT TO WORK IN MY KITCHEN ON MY LAP TO OR TABLET AND TO COPY ALL THE GOURMET FOLDER FROM THE Cף\PROGRAME FILES MABY THER IF A FILE THAT CONTAIN THE DATA OF THE RECIPES AND ITS CARACTER

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Gourmet Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2017-09-26
Last reply:
2018-09-26

Hi!

The recipes are stored in a SQLite database, so you cannot just simply copy them onto another computer.
However, you could export them and re-import them into another installation of Gourmet.

AFAIK, there is no Gourmet-app for tablet - but correct me if I'm wrong; I'd be interested too.

Another solution - which takes some IT skills and a more elaborate infrastructure, is to have all the recipes stored in a single central database on (for example) a server. I have set it up this way and my recipes are stored in a central MySQL database. I'll happily tell you more if you'd like to.

Alan Jackson (alan-ajackson) said : #2

I put mine into a dropbox folder and can easily share it across different
computers.

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017, 4:05 AM Harald Franzen <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Question #658680 on Gourmet changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/gourmet/+question/658680
>
> Harald Franzen posted a new comment:
> Hi!
>
> The recipes are stored in a SQLite database, so you cannot just simply
> copy them onto another computer.
> However, you could export them and re-import them into another
> installation of Gourmet.
>
> AFAIK, there is no Gourmet-app for tablet - but correct me if I'm wrong;
> I'd be interested too.
>
> Another solution - which takes some IT skills and a more elaborate
> infrastructure, is to have all the recipes stored in a single central
> database on (for example) a server. I have set it up this way and my
> recipes are stored in a central MySQL database. I'll happily tell you
> more if you'd like to.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because your team Gourmet Recipe
> Manager is an answer contact for Gourmet.
>
> --
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~gourmet
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~gourmet
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>
--

| Alan K. Jackson | To see a World in a Grain of Sand |
| <email address hidden> | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, |
| www.ajackson.org | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
| Houston, Texas | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake |

Thomas Hinkle (tmhinkle) said : #3

A sqlite database is just a file, so you can copy it from one computer to
another fwiw.

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Alan Jackson <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Question #658680 on Gourmet changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/gourmet/+question/658680
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Alan Jackson proposed the following answer:
> I put mine into a dropbox folder and can easily share it across different
> computers.
>
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017, 4:05 AM Harald Franzen <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
> > Question #658680 on Gourmet changed:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/gourmet/+question/658680
> >
> > Harald Franzen posted a new comment:
> > Hi!
> >
> > The recipes are stored in a SQLite database, so you cannot just simply
> > copy them onto another computer.
> > However, you could export them and re-import them into another
> > installation of Gourmet.
> >
> > AFAIK, there is no Gourmet-app for tablet - but correct me if I'm wrong;
> > I'd be interested too.
> >
> > Another solution - which takes some IT skills and a more elaborate
> > infrastructure, is to have all the recipes stored in a single central
> > database on (for example) a server. I have set it up this way and my
> > recipes are stored in a central MySQL database. I'll happily tell you
> > more if you'd like to.
> >
> > --
> > You received this question notification because your team Gourmet Recipe
> > Manager is an answer contact for Gourmet.
> >
> > --
> > Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~gourmet
> > Post to : <email address hidden>
> > Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~gourmet
> > More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
> >
> --
>
> | Alan K. Jackson | To see a World in a Grain of Sand |
> | <email address hidden> | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, |
> | www.ajackson.org | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
> | Houston, Texas | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake |
>
> You received this question notification because your team Gourmet Recipe
> Manager is an answer contact for Gourmet.
>
> --
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~gourmet
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~gourmet
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Max Muller (maxmullerinoz) said : #4

Sorry that I reply that late to this thread .. but I only discovered Gourmet some weeks ago.

I tried to use the --database-url parameter to point Gourmet (0.17.4) to a MySQL DB on a different server.
However I get an error message which ends with 'ImportError: No module named MySQLdb'.

After some googeling, I guess, I would need to add the MySQL adapter to SQLAlchemy and recompile Gourmet.
Is this correct? Or is there a way to add the MySQL adapter to a compiled version?

I'm trying to use Gourmet on Windows machines and failed to recompile it from the source code :(

Many thanks

Hi Max; I have that setup in Ubuntu 16.04. Please share your OS where you are trying to get this running. If it is a Linux distribution, I can help.

Max Muller (maxmullerinoz) said : #6

Thanks Harald, the DB server is Linux (Raspbian) but that's not the issue, I guess.

The client, i.e. Gourmet should run on 'Windows 10' machines - and recompiling Gourmet 0.17.4 for Windows is pretty hard, esp. if you don't have your machine setup for development ...

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask vilya3 for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.