How to set up 32 bit python2.7 on 64 bit hosts?
* For 64 bit Windows,
- get 32 bit binary package from https:/
- install it. Note: Please add it to PATH in the last step.
* For Ubuntu 13.04 or later,
sudo apt-get install libpython2.7:i386
* A prebuilt Linux python2.7 is shared at
* For older Ubuntu before 13.04, if you want to build and install it by yourself, here are the steps:
The following steps take Python-2.7.8 as example.
- sudo apt-get install ia32-libs /* 32 bit system libraries are required. */
- get python2.7.8 source package from https:/
- unzip it.
- cd Python-2.7.8
- CC="gcc -m32" LDFLAGS="-L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Lpwd/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,
- sudo make install
- export LD_LIBRARY_