How to make flash work in Fogger
- Last updated by:
- Owais Lone on on 2012-07-09
Fogger was built using Gtk3, Adobe Flash was built using Gtk2. Unfortunately, Gtk3 and Gtk2 cannot live in the same process thus making Flash unusable in fogger. This issue will be solved in the new version WebKit2 comes out. WebKit2 has support for running plugins in separate processes thus allowing Gtk3 applications to load Gkt2 plugins.
For now, we've a workaround to make flash work in fogger. We'll wrap the 32bit flash plugin using a tool called nspluginwrapper. This will allow flash to run inside fogger.
Steps to enable flash:
1) Download and extract http://
2) sudo apt-get install nspluginwrapper
3) sudo nspluginwrapper -i /absolue/
4) sudo nspluginwrapper -v -a -n -i
This will allow fogger to load the wrapped flash plugin.