Is cairo plot development active?

Asked by Chris Ward on 2010-06-10

I just noticed that the last code release was in 2008. Is cairoplot still being actively developed?

Thanks!

-Chris

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
Cairo Plot Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Rodrigo Moreira Araújo
Solved:
2010-06-11
Last query:
2010-06-11
Last reply:
2010-06-10

Hello Chris,

Well, it's been some time since I committed or merged something on the main branch, most of it because of work.
The fact is that the development has been stopped for a while. With Magnun, we've focused our efforts on creating an official website (http://cairoplot.sourceforge.net/) but it's still under development.

There are still some features already written and planned for version 1.3 (as v1.2 would be created from the trunk on its current state), but they haven't been committed yet.

I believe I'll be able to get back to coding on the near future, but until i get to it, it's stopped for a while longer.

If someone would like to help finishing the documentation for the tutorial section of the website, it would be of great help.

Cheers,

-Rodrigo

Chris Ward (drpoo) said : #2

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm sad to hear devel has stopped for now. I understand though.

I wonder if you couldn't point to the code for the latest features you're referring to. I see interesting looking features looking at the new official webpage examples, like horizontal bar plots.

Maybe too, if you think you're going to be inactive maintainer for another year or so, you could find someone willing to help review/commit/merge changes in the mean time? I'm not necessarily volunteering, but maybe with guidance :).

Very beautiful site, by the way. Nice indeed.

-Chris

Pablito (pabloalecastillo) said : #3

Hi there, it would be posible for someone to download the lastest version (1.2) from somewhere?

Btw, nice sourceforge page :)

Hello Pablo,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but as the site hasn't been officially released yet, the v1.2 branch isn't available.
But, you can check out the trunk branch sa it's exactly what'll become the next version.

Thanks for the compliment, we hope to release the page soon! How did you notice it?

Cheers,

Pablito (pabloalecastillo) said : #5

Hi there Rodrigo, thanks for the reply.

I stumbled into your library 'cause i need it for a video im trying to make with stats from twitter about my country (Paraguay), i wanna see a prototype and then check out processing or OpenFrameworks to make something a little more polished.

But if with Cairoplot look good enough, ill uploaded to youtube and ... profit? :)

Ill send you the video if i ever finish it (right now it running the script on the background on my notebook, quering a HUGE db)

Saludos che :)

Wow, CairoPlot on a video? That surely is new :D
Hope to see the results!

Cheers,

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Pablito <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Question #114140 on Cairo Plot changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/cairoplot/+question/114140
>
> Pablito posted a new comment:
> Hi there Rodrigo, thanks for the reply.
>
> I stumbled into your library 'cause i need it for a video im trying to
> make with stats from twitter about my country (Paraguay), i wanna see a
> prototype and then check out processing or OpenFrameworks to make
> something a little more polished.
>
> But if with Cairoplot look good enough, ill uploaded to youtube and ...
> profit? :)
>
> Ill send you the video if i ever finish it (right now it running the
> script on the background on my notebook, quering a HUGE db)
>
> Saludos che :)
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.
>

Pablito (pabloalecastillo) said : #7

Kinda worked my video idea. Now i know it can be done, thanks for cairoplot :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bV95aUwjGo

Hey there,

You could try changing bar's colors so it would allow for better
visualization! Great to see CairoPlot on a movie :D

Cheers,

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Pablito <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Question #114140 on Cairo Plot changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/cairoplot/+question/114140
>
> Pablito posted a new comment:
> Kinda worked my video idea. Now i know it can be done, thanks for
> cairoplot :)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bV95aUwjGo
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.
>

Belal (frost-hand) said : #9

Thank you so much for this amazing project.
I hope you guys are back working on it.
I'm using v1.1 for my data to draw a dotline plot and using it for my presentation. The trunk is not working for my data unfortunatly, I dont know why.
Anyways, looking forward for your next update.

Cheers