xmloutput >= 0.9.2 plugin not found

Asked by Xavier Marduel


I'm (always) getting the error : "xmloutput >= 0.9.2 plugin not found", even on top actual installation of eclipse and bzr/bzr-eclipse, on MacOSX and Windows7 too!

the .bzr.log file contains the following

file .bzr.log contains:ed 2014-03-19 15:20:22 +0100
0.295 bazaar version: 2.6.0
0.295 bzr arguments: [u'xmlplugins']
0.300 looking for plugins in /Users/xavier/x_local/eclipse-4.2/plugins/org.vcs.bazaar.eclipse.client_1.4.0.201401310653/plugins
0.319 looking for plugins in /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins
0.320 Plugin name rewrite already loaded
0.320 Plugin name xmloutput already loaded
0.465 encoding stdout as osutils.get_user_encoding() 'utf-8'
0.475 return code 0

As it can be seen, I'm using bazaar 2.6.0 on MacOSX
Eclipse 4.2.2 or 4.3 and latest bzr-eclipse
Pydev 2.8.2 is installed on eclipse

> bzr plugins
xmloutput 0.9.2
  This plugin adds an option (--xml) to log and provides an xml version of some builtin commands.

bzr-eclipse 1.4.0 is installed...

What am I doing wrong !? (I re-opened bug#338960)


Question information

English Edit question
Bazaar Plugin for Eclipse Edit question
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Xavier Marduel
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message
Piotr Piastucki (piastucki) said :


Based one the log files I really have no clue what the problem is.
It looks like the folder with the embedded plugins (/Users/xavier/x_local/eclipse-4.2/plugins/org.vcs.bazaar.eclipse.client_1.4.0.201401310653/plugins) is scanned properly and the plugins are loaded.

Would you please run the following command and see if it works as expected:
bzr xmlplugins


Revision history for this message
Xavier Marduel (xavjlm) said :


wow! now its works!
On MacOSX, I used to "click" on the icon of the eclipse app, and so I got the "xmloutput >= 0.9.2 plugin not found"problem.
But when I starts eclipse from the shell (with apple command "open" i.e. "open Eclipse.app", then brzeclipse works fine!

I guess, by clicking on the icon to start eclipse, then eclipse is started in an other "environment", and eclipse uses then the "apple python", not the one I use (from mac-ports). And I'm working on a rather old apple (10.6.8).

So the trick to start eclipse with "$ open Eclipse.app" is Ok for me, and maybe for other mac users as well...

Thank you anyway for your answer.



PS: I guess I've got also a similar problem on Windows, since now I'm conviced that I myself is doing wrong... so feel free to close the bug#338960 I opened recently.